"The Contemps are a group of YA authors with contemporary novels releasing over the course of a year. We are passionate about realistic fiction because these are the books that remind us we're not alone in this real world. Our mission is simple - to spotlight contemporary fiction for young adults through blog posts, author events, and (over)sharing from our teen years"
Love to read contemporary fiction? Accept the Contemps Challenge and promise to read at least 18 of the 21 upcoming Contemps books between now and August 15, 2011. One lucky challenger will win the grand prize: ALL 21 of our books! That's like a whole bookshelf of books!
- Participants must be at least 13 years old.
- Send an e-mail by November 15, 2010 with I ACCEPT THE CONTEMPS CHALLENGE in the subject line to: contempscontests(at)gmail(dot)com
- Start reading! Visit the Books page for the complete book list or add books to your "to read" list from the Contemps' Goodreads page
Girl Stolen by April Henry Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers Trapped by Michael Northrop The Day Before by Lisa Schoeder Between Here and Forever by Elisabeth Scott The Duff by Kody Keplinger
- Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
- The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
- Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
- Family by Micol Ostow
- Pearl by Jo Knowles
- Saving June by Hannah Harrington
- Freefall by Mindi Scott
- Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
- Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer
- Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
- Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith